Thursday, November 25, 2010

Telecom glitches...

Talking of conferences (I’ve spent 6 of my last 9 working days attending em!), I’ve been to several across sectors and never once have I had to think twice before using my phone. Today, however, was a landmark in the history of conf experiences.

After making a late entry, also a dramatic one since I had to keep standing for a few moments before I could spot a vacant seat (read inspired by the lady in red, blue and gold), I was finally ushered to a place in the middle of a colleague from work and a Mr Raja from a telecom company.

The technical jargon intensified, coupled with the lengthy reading material my supervisor had pushed into my hands so as to be read during the conference, I slipped into a day dreaming spell. After stifling a few yawns, courtesy my disturbed sleep habits, I decided to refresh myself. Enter my dear phone and its free messaging service. Luckily, my friends in the room were also in a similar situation. Happily, we texted our way past a session.

After an eventful tea session (thats another post), it was absolutely imperative to share things with a few close friends! Hmmm... strangely something went wrong with the network and every msg had to be sent twice, if not more times, to ensure delivery. Now agreed that I was receiving delivery reports and replies every few seconds, butttt my phone was on silent!!!! After about 15 minutes into the telecom glitch, Mr Raja from telecom decided to make his presence felt. “Excuse me, madam” as he bent towards my direction (btw we were sitting at full arm distance), “you seem to be quite busy msgn, its distracting me” :O :O

Aghast, I didn’t know what to say to him. Had received a particularly vicious msg from someone and was dying to retort, but even after trying to resend it eight times, it refused to budge. The network had given up on the venue! So had I!

Mr Raja from telecom, tell me, were you unhappy that day???